Search This Blog

Friday, December 16, 2011

A visit to the doctor

In the last few months,I have had to undergo a barage of medical exams, just part of the process of aging, but it can be intimidating at times. I wear my attends pullups to these appointments without a thought, wearing diapers or pullups is so natural to me now that I never think about the fact that is something most people would find unappealing. I have worn 24/7 since 1996 and have hardly ever been embarressed about doing so.

Last month I had to have a procedure in the uroglogy department for a cytoscope exam of my bladder. I was a bit shocked at how this exam had changed in modern times. When I entered the exam room, there was a male and a female nurse there preping the exam chair. It looked more like a barber chair to me. I was directed to sit in a plastic chair behind the open door and strip the clothes off the lower half of my body, while they had their backs to me working I was a bit self-concious. I peeled my shoes and socks off, then my pants and pullups. Leaving everything in the chair, i mounted the throne and waited while the finished their duties. The doctor came in and did his job. Fifteen minutes later I was alone in he room with the female nurse, who calmly watched me put my pullups back on, before she left me to finish dressing.

Yes, it was a bit of a turn-on, and I got an erection. But it wasn't the same as it could have been if she was a willing particpant.

I was scheduled for another appoinment, because they were concerned my bladder isn't funtioning right, after giving me instructions to try and force more urine out of it until they seen me again.

This past monday was the follow-up appoinment. I seen a different doctor this time, who was female. She told me to empty as much of my bladder as possible and then bade me lay on an exam table, undo my belt, unsnap my jeans and relax. Which I did without so much as a thought. As she was askingme questions, she laid a towel over my crotch, then she pulled the waist of my pullups out and let them snap back into place before tucking the edge of the towel in the waistband of them. She caught me off guard saying, 'Oh you're wearing those.'

I didn't say anything so she asked me, how many I go through a day. Three I answered. Then she replied in an off hand way, having trouble making it to the tiolet in time. And without a pause, I replied yes.

She completed an ultrasound of my bladder and told me to button up and that I would have to come back in a couple of weeks for bladder stress tests. I have no idea what this entails yet, and I am not so sure I want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment